By: Martins Dickson
Hon. Kevin Peter hails from Mubi – North local Government area of Adamawa State. Fali by tribe, a Nationalist with strong patriotic antecedents, an astute politician and experienced financial expert.
His choice as an Ambassadorial Nominee from Adamawa State has been applauded by people across ethnic divides, religious lines and party affiliation.
Kevin Peter’s choice has been greeted with ovation across the state signaling that the Secretary to the federal Government, Barrister Boss Gida Mustapha and President Muhammadu Buhari have made a brilliant choice.
Hon. Peter is a man with a large heart, a detrabilized Nigerian who is practically putting into use what he has learnt in an area of his passion from several seminars both in Nigeria and outside the country, the Christian/Muslim relations.
Hon. Kevin Peter’s personality has endeared him to many People across the country, his simplicity has seen him relate with both the high and the lowly without discrimination. A trait that made him a People’s person, a political asset, a voice in his community and an enigma.
Hon. Kevin Peter holds a Masters Degree in Public Administration (MPA) after been certified as a Senior Financial Manager in 1995.
Peter was also conferred with an Honourary Doctorate Degree (Phd) Public Administration by All Saints University of America (ASUA) in 2010.
In his sojourn as a politician Hon. Kevin Peter was first elected as Chairman Mubi-North Local Government Area in 1999, re-elected Chairman Mubi-North Local Government in 2009. He is also the Adamawa North APC Zonal Chairman, a position he holds from 2018 till date.
He has served his state of Adamawa meritoriously and also at the National level in various capacities:
– 2006, Kevin Peter was Chairman, screening committee, National Assembly Party Screening Committee for Ogun State.
– 2007, Administrator, Mubi-North Development Area.
– 2012, Special Adviser on Border Integration, Adamawa State Government.
– 2013 Mubi-North Local Government Coordinator, for the federal Government program, SURE-P.
– 2014 Member, Adamawa State Presidential Initiative Distribution Committee.
– 2014 Director General, Governorship Campaign, Adamawa State.
– 2017 Special Adviser on Special Duties, Adamawa State Government.
The good People of Adamawa State are praying the Senate, especially Senators representing Adamawa in the red chamber to facilitate a smooth confirmation for Hon. Kevin Peter.
Adamawa State can only thank the Secretary to the Government of the federation, Boss Mustapha and President Muhammadu Buhari for Nominating a dependable son of the state as an Ambassador.